Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Well,how about 9.5mm then?

  1. #1
    Frameline
    Guest Frameline's Avatar
    No,I do not use it,but seeing as how we are going through all the film formats just thought I would throw this one in.As for 70mm,I find it a pain rewinding it in the parlour!

    ------------------

  2. #2
    jefury
    Guest jefury's Avatar

    Post

    Is 9.5mm still available?
    It was invented in 1922 by the French Pathe company. And the the perforations were put in the midle so the frames would be wider.

    Wouldn't mind giving it a try, looks cool!

    Jeff


    [This message has been edited by jefury (edited February 20, 2002).]

  3. #3
    Frameline
    Guest Frameline's Avatar

    Talking

    Jffury:
    Well I cannot speak for you guys over the water,but it is certainly available here.I guess that is because we are just a tad closer to its country of origin (France) tahn you are!
    There is a thriving 9.5mm community here and they who use the stuff STILL get camera film,fresh stock I hasten to add,from their contacts.Those guys I certainly take my hat off to,and some of the respondents on this website worry about the 'future' of Super8.
    To those I say stop worrying.It will survive.

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Supa-eight
    Guest Supa-eight's Avatar

    Post

    Isn't Mini DV 9.5 mm wide too?

    ------------------

  5. #5
    8th Man
    Guest 8th Man's Avatar

    Post

    People look at me cross-eyed when I tell them I like shooting super 8. I can't imagine how they would react if I tried to explain a format that they most likely have never even heard of since I myself had not heard of it before about a year ago.

    ------------------
    PRM

  6. #6
    avortex
    Guest avortex's Avatar

    Post

    9'5 has a great advantage over 16 mm (if it were widely available): The image proportions were very similar to 16 mm film with a more reduced price and size.

    Damn! It would be a great format nowadays...

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •